Our coordinates are
Denny Island is accessible by
- Air: Pacific Coastal Airlines flies from Vancouver to Bella Bella regularly. www.pacificcoastal.com; Phone: 1 (800) 663-2872.
- Ferry: BC ferries leaving from Port Hardy, Prince Rupert, and Bella Coola dock at Bella Bella (McLoughlin Bay) and on Denny Island (Shearwater). Check www.bcferries.com for schedules. Check the ‘Inside passage-mid-coast’ route in fall/winter/spring, or the ‘Discovery Coast Passage’ route in summer. Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Float plane from Port Hardy, Bella Coola, and other coastal locations via Wilderness Seaplanes: 1 (800) 343-5963
- Seabus: Shearwater Marine runs a regular seabus between the government dock at Bella Bella and Shearwater Marina. See http://shearwater.ca/site/local-services/seabus-service.html or call 250 957 2305 for schedules.
Scroll down for these useful maps of the area:
- Map of the central and north coast of BC
- Map of Shearwater, Bella Bella and environs
- Map of main walking and driving routes of Denny Island
Below the maps you will find information and links to local services.
What you’ll find on and around Denny Island…
Sandhill cranes, black bears and the occasional grizzly, grey wolves, salmon in abundance, sea lions, humpback and orca whales…
Shearwater Marina offers speedboat rentals in summer. It is home to a large dock with power and water, fuel dock, shipyard, the Fishermen’s Bar and Grill, a small grocery store, post office, shipyard, marine hardware store, laundromat and coffee bar. Shearwater offers a seabus service travelling to Bella Bella several times daily.
Bridgeview Marine offers boat and outboard sales, maintenance, and repair services.
There are several charter fishing businesses operating in the area. We can put you in touch with the services you need to make your visit to the Great Bear Rainforest the experience of a lifetime. Just contact us.